Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

I Was Nominated For A Liebster Award!


I'd like to give a huge thanks to Laura from Boats Against the Current for nominating me for a Liebster Award!

Here's the rules:

-Link back and thanks the person who nominated you
-Post 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator
-Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can’t nominate the person who nominated you)
-Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer
-Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.

My 11 Facts:

1) I hate raw oignons.
Oignons and I are mortal enemy. If you put some in my sandwish or in my burger, I'll feel like murdering you, lol.

2) When I was 14, I spent a year in a tennis academy in Spain.
I can't speak a word of Spanish anymore, though. Since I had nobody to speak spanish with and I don't read books in this language, I forgot.

3) I'm scared of dogs.
Nowadays, I can walk past a dog, but when I was younger, there needed to be a 20 meters distance between me and a dog so that I could feel safe.

4) I'm really getting into The Blacklist (it's a TV show, don't know if you've heard about it).
I really recommand this show.

5) I seriously wish I had Rihanna's body.
What can I say? She's very very sexy singer.

6) I used to have a crush on Brad Pitt.
Come on girls! Brad was a hottie back in his Ocean Eleven days.

7) I don't know why but I'm really grossed out by people's feet.
Feet+Me= uugh. Don't ask me why, because I don't know.

8) When I was little (like about 5), I was a serious fan of Sailor Moon. I wished, I would become a Sailor and save the world.
Sailor Moon is probably the reason why I'm so into fantasy.

9) My most wanted travel destination is New York.
I seriously wants to see the big apple.

10) My eyebrow are very high maintenance.
I plug my eyebrow instead of threading them. Because of that, every few days, I have to get my tweezer out.

11) I'm a third year journalism student at uni.
Yep, I've almost finished my undergraduate degree.



My Answers:

Why did you start blogging?
When I started studying journalism at uni at the end of 2012, I wasn't a good writer at all. But during my second year of studies, I thought that my writing improved and my tutors all agreed with that. I had much better marks, lol. I started blogging because I wanted to know if  people who didn't know me would enjoy how I wrote.

What is the first book you can remember reading?
I was about 9 or 10, the book was Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

What’s currently foremost on your to-read list?
Imaro by Charles R. Saunders, The Thief by Megan Whallen Turner and Kindred by Octavia Butler

What is your favourite or least favourite book to movie adaptation?
The Mortal Instrument by Cassadra Clare adaptation to movie was atrocious. I was especially disappointed by the casting.

What is your all-time favourite TV series?
Desperate Housewives.

If you had to only read/watch one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Fantasy, of course!

What is your favourite blog post that you have written so far?
I think my favorite pose is Number 18 is the Sweetest! It isn't actually a book related post, it's about tennis. Serena Williams had just won the US Open the day before I wrote this article. This article was my way of celebrating her victory and remind the workl of how great she is, lol.

Who is your favourite villain?
I've always been very fond of Magneto. I also love Tywin Lannister.

If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Time travel. I'd love to be able to go back in the past and be able to change some mistakes I made.

What are your book/movie pet hates? Eg. love at first sight, vampires, ridiculously  pretty heroines etc.
Mary Sues! You know that heroine who's ubber gorgeous but isn't aware of her beauty, who's able to attract the sexiest men, who's great at everything she does and have a super mysterious power. She's also witty, kind, generous, outspoken and smart. And let's not forget, that's she's always the one saving the world!

11. What is your favourite part of blogging?
I love to be able to share my opinions and thoughts with tons of people.


My Nominations:

The Reading Dress

The rambling of a ruminating reader

Thanks the Maker

Elysian Field

Ashana Lian

The Bibliophile Chronicle

A BookWorm Called Jenny


My Questions

1) Why did you start blogging?


2) What is your favorite book ever?

3) Which book character do you wish was your husband?

4) Who is your favorite book character ever?

5) Which city do you dream to visit?

6)Are you a fast or slow reader?

7) If you had to go on a desert island and could only bring  only three items with you, which one would you choose?

8) High heels or flat?

9)What is your current favorite item in your wardrobe?

10) What is your favorite animated sitcom?

11) What are your hobbies?

6 comments:

  1. Great answers! It was nice to learn more about you!
    I think I'd probably choose fantasy as well if I could only read one genre, as I think most of my favourite books have been fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire etc.) and Tywin Lannister is one of my favourite villains too! And I definitely agree with your pet hate. Why can't books just have normal, relatable heroines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, here is my post related to your nomination and questions..http://girlsguidetoscifi.blogspot.ca/2014/09/miinions-thank-maker-nominated-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do get to go to New York someday! Wow, a whole year in a tennis academy in Spain? That's so cool D: As is studying journalism. How is it?

    Time travel is definitely an awesome power to choose. I know I would love to have it myself as well ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so too, lol! If you like writing and want to carve a career involving it, I might recommend you to study journalism. However, very few journalists are very well-paid. Besides, if you don't like interviewing people, contacting people you don't know and if you're afraid to be rejected by them. Well, I wouldn't recommend that field to you, xd. Also as a journalist, you need to be VERY curious.

    Honestly journalism is something you should study only if you're passionate about it. Personaly, I highly doubt I'll ever work as a journalist, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla! I finally got round to doing the Liebster Award on my blog. Thanks again for nominating me. =]

    Also, I nominated YOU for the Autumn Tag! Sooo have fun! Peacee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...